The Mean Girls book tag was created by Sarah-Jane over at The Book Life.
I love the movie Mean Girls and I love that this tag is a thing… it’s so… what’s the phrase? It’s so fetch!
Just a quick heads up, this tag does have some curse words. The creator of this tag, The Book Life, took quotes from the movie so, for my younger readers, beware!
There are fifteen questions mixed with gifs featuring quotes from the movie, so grab a Dr. Pepper and a bowl of Doritos and laugh as nostalgia washes over you
1) “It’s pronounced like Cady” – Which fictional character’s names did you get completely wrong?
Tobias from Divergent. I remember telling my mom about the book and her telling me I pronounced it wrong. I denied it but, after Epic Reads video, I surrendered in defeat… why can’t my mother ever be wrong?!
2) “She doesn’t even go here!” – Which character would you like to place in a fictional world from another book or series?
Etienne St. Clare into every book. Ever. Written.
3) “On Wednesdays we wear pink!” – Repetition. Repetition. Which book gave you dejavu of another book whilst reading it?
I am determined to never read the same type of books back to back so I never have this feeling.
4) “You all have got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores.” – Which book gave you the complete opposite of girl power feels?
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I was screaming at the book the entire time I was reading it. It got awkward at my cousin’s piano recital.
5) “You go Glen Coco!” – Name a character you felt like you wanted to cheer on whilst reading.
Harper from Rachel Hawkins’ Rebel Belle.
6) “Get in loser, we’re going shopping!” How long do you typically spend at a book shop?
Since I usually go with my family we can spend up to five hours. I usually know what I want when I go in but it’s always nice to just lounge around the book store. It’s a Bookworm’s paradise!
7) “It’s not my fault you’re like in love with me or something!” – Which character would have to get out a restraining order on you, if they were real?
Dexter from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen because
A) he would always make me smile with his quirky humor
B) he can sing and I firmly believe if a guy can sing we will live happily ever after.
I just have to figure out a way to get rid of Remy.
8) “I can’t help it that I’m popular.” – Which overhyped book were you cautious about reading?
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I’m so glad I read it though. It was epic!
9) “She’s a life ruiner. She ruins peoples lives.” – We all love Regina George. Name a villain you just love to hate.
Patch from the Hush, Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatric. I know he isn’t technically a villain but he is the closest “villain” I come close to liking!
10) “I’m not like a regular Mom, I’m a cool Mom.”- Your favorite fictional parents.
Mia’s parents from If I Stay (by Gayle Forman) were hilarious, a little too unconventional for my taste, but lovable all the same!
11) “That is so Fetch!” – Which book or series would you love to catch on?
Sarah Mlynowski’s Magic In Manhattan series or the Secrets of My Hollywood Life series by Jen Calonita!
12) “How do I even begin to explain Regina George?” – Describe your ideal character to read about.
Mmmm. Lets see. She would have to have a bright outlook on the world, a great personality and a good group of friends who keep her well rounded. Oh! And a great home life with parents who are devoted to her and her sister. Did I mention she needs to have a sister? Because she does. A dog and a loving boyfriend would also help keep her grounded… Basically a character who will never exist.
13) “I just have a lot of feelings.” – What do you do when a book gives you a bad case of ‘the feels’?
I go and cry to my mommy like any sensible woman would do.
Keith from Maureen Johnson’s 13 Little Blue Envelopes!
15) “Boo, you whore.” – Name a time a characters decision has made you roll your eyes
BEWARE: THERE ARE SPOILERS PERTAINING TO FIRE & FLOOD BY VICTORIA SCOTT
When Tella Holloway (from Fire & Flood- written by Victoria Scott) couldn’t decide whether to kill a competitor’s pandora, even when it was laid at her feet taking it’s last breath. I mean, seriously? Are you going to risk your brother’s life over a dying scientific creation? I mean, it did look like an animal created by God- and if that was the case I would applaud you- but your brother was dying! Get a grip. He was gonna die anyway.
It’s time to tag some people. Instead of running around slapping you on the shoulder (or commenting on your blog… my first idea would help let out some frustration but… whatever.) I am tagging everyone. If you want to do this tag go it. Now. Go. What are you still doing here?
Until next time,